Friday, May 2, 2008

Good times!


So I was looking through some photo's today, and I came across these pictures from our trip to New York City. I then realized that it has been 2 years since we were there! That was such a great trip! Patrick had to go out there for an Autism conference for work. So there was no way I was going to miss out on a great trip like that. So we got to go with our great and best-est friends, Chris and Kym!! We all left our kiddo's with the grandparents (aren't they great for things like that?!?!) and headed off for 4 days in NYC. Not enough time to see everything we wanted, but enough time to have tons of fun, and see some great things.

Some of our favorites were....

the Statue of Liberty.....

Ground Zero.....

Kym and I went shopping on 5th Ave. while our husbands were in their conference. Despite the fact that Kym was like 15 weeks pregnant with her 3rd baby, she walked all 30 blocks with me, and we still had fun! We went to F.A.O. Schwartz and I had to take a picture with this life sizes elephant! How funny is that?!? Who buys that??? It was like $15,000!


Kym and I also wanted to go to Serendipity for lunch one day, partly because we have heard great things about it, and partly because it had Frozen Hot Chocolates, and they had just been on Oprah's favorite things list, so we had to try them out....they were yummy! We also found a place in Time Square that had the chocolate popcorn that was on Oprah's list too, that was great as well!

We ate lunch one day at this mall (South Side Pier I think??) that overlooked the Brooklyn bridge. That was pretty awesome!

We rode on those double decker tour buses that you see in the movies, and went all over Manhattan and into Brooklyn.

We of course hit a Broadway play! We saw Barefoot in the Park. When we were there, it was staring Amanda Peet. It was really good. We also walked through Central Park. Patrick even tracked down a Hungarian bakery that we went to have pastries at one morning. He showed us the different ones and which ones he used to eat on his mission. We stayed in a hotel that over looked Times Square. That was pretty cool.
It was the best trip! If any of you have not had the chance to ever go to New York City, I would totally recommend it, we loved it!

3 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

I heart NY!!

Ann Sorensen said...

Sound like a great time. I doubt i will ever get to go there!

Ashley said...

I forgot that you had gone there...I am so jealous! I'd love to go to New York, but I'd also be scared out of my mind on how to get around and such in a huge, strange city.