Monday, May 12, 2008

Random Things...

So some random things that happened with us this week are....

I found out on Friday that I have to register Brayden for kindergarten! AHHH! Is it already that time?? So I went online to the school district web page to find out what I needed to do to register him, and find that he has to get 3 booster shots before I can register him.....which is WEDNESDAY!! So poor kid has to get those, which I'm totally bribing him that if he doesn't freak out, I will go and buy him a new Power Ranger or Transformer toy of his choice immediately after. (I'm so into the bribe thing with my kids, and don't feel bad about it at all! Desperate time call for desperate measures.)

I actually spent 2 hours at the park with my kids on Friday, and DIDN'T get sunburned! I have had to be more vigilant with the sunscreen since I moved here, but I always seem to forget just one little spot, and without fail, I get sunburned there! But not this time!! I felt victorious! :)

I have realized that Primary gives me a headache! I have been teaching in Primary for a year now, and today, I just really realized that it gives me a headache. All the noise! My goodness. Reverence is sometimes hard to come by in Primary I think. And I find that I'm much more stern with Brayden in there then I am with my own kids in my class. Today, I swear, I was shooting him my "stern mommy" look to stop talking and playing with his friends. I even had to play the mean mom card, and make him move away from his friends so he'd at least try to be reverent. Have any of you taught Primary with you kid in it?? Are your harder on your own, then any of the others? Am I on my own on this one?

I went out to lunch with my old college roommate yesterday! After living here almost a year, I found out that one of my favorite roommates, Brooke, lived here in Vegas! Happy day! So we finally met up and had lunch. It was so fun to catch up! It has been years since we saw each other! I can't believe it has been almost 10 years since I went to college and lived in the good ol dorms of LDS BC.

Also on Saturday, Patrick and I spend a good part of the day cleaning our carpet in our living room. Just so all of you know....it is the worst idea in the world to put cream colored carpet in a house! Don't ever choose that. When/if you are ever building a house, regardless if you have kids, and you are trying to decide between a nice cream color or a darker shade, always ALWAYS pick the darker shade. Then you don't have to spend a Saturday cleaning the stains out that your kids, and normal walking around has done to your carpet. It does look much better now. Now the trick is to really convince my sweet little Conner to stop taking his "spill proof" (not really!) sippy cups all over the house with him, and actually keep them in the kitchen. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before it is dirty and gross again, but hopefully we won 't have to clean them again until we move.

So the house hunting thing is not working out so hot for us. I have days that I'm overwhelmingly discouraged about it. Then other days I just feel like it hasn't worked out yet because maybe it's not suppose to. I kinda fear that this may be one of those things that you really, really want, and pray that it works out how you want, but the Lord has other plans. Maybe we are already where we are suppose to be for the time being. And while that is not what I would like the plan to be, that maybe what it is suppose to be. After 2 months of searching, 4 offers that we have been outbid on, and several others that were sold before we even got a chance to put an offer in, I am getting burned out! So we are taking a breather from it all, and just taking a step back. There are houses all over, at a great price, and we will eventually find one....right?!?! This is what I tell myself almost daily!

So there is my week in a nutshell!

2 comments:

hope said...

LOL!! What a busy week! Sounds a lot like mine (as far as the chaos goes). Good luck on the house thing. I hate house hunting. SO glad we don't have to do it again (at least not for a LONG time). Yeah, we are getting wood floors put in ASAP!

Ashley said...

House hunting is hard, we've been lucky with all ours though. I'll have to keep in mind for next year that this is about the time (or maybe sooner :P) that I need to get Emily registered.

I haven't done Primary, but we have done nursery. We are harsher on our own kids than with the others. It's because I see how the other kids are acting and I don't want mine to be anything like that. hehe

I'm so jealous that you got to see Brooke. I want to come to Vegas so badly...I keep thinking that one day we'll get down there.